Virginia DECA is authorized by DECA Inc. to administer programs and services within the state. Virginia DECA implements programs and services for chapters within the chartered association that support the mission of DECA and serves as a liaison between local chapters and DECA Inc. Contact for more information about state and local membership requirements, conferences, competitive events and programs.
DECA's Mission Statement
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
DECA's Guiding Principles
VA DECA Members Benefit from the DECA Experience
Virginia DECA membership is defined in the VA DECA Constitution and Bylaws.
Members of Virginia DECA shall be:
•Students enrolled in the approved marketing program(s) at the secondary school level;
•Educators who are currently teaching in an approved marketing program at the secondary or postsecondary level as defined by the Virginia
Department of Education
• Alumni of approved marketing programs and business and professional persons may join through a chartered chapter or through the DECA
$15 ($8 DECA + $7 VA DECA) | Students, Alumni, Advisors, and Professional Members
Minimum Chapter Requirements
10 Student Members + Advisor(s)
Starting A Chapter In Virginia:
1. Potential Chapter Advisors request a chapter here
2. Chapter qualifications are reviewed by the VA DECA office in partnership with the Marketing and Related Cluster Specialist at the VDOE.
3. Chapters are notified of approval status.
4. Approved chapters may begin recruiting and entering members upon approval.
VA DECA Membership Guidelines